Graphic Design Internship in California
Industry - Retail & Consumer Goods
Graphic Design - Communications Internship – CA- Fall 2017
Imagine an internship in which you’ll design images every week that will be seen by thousands of people every day. Imagine being able to take your own designs from initial concept through completion, instead of simply supporting someone else’s design process. Imagine an internship where you are a full-fledged member of a fast-paced communication team and the only coffee you’ll be getting is your own. Now imagine kicking off your career with an internship in the place where dreams come true. Interested?
Disneyland Internal Communications is a premier corporate communication department. We support cast members who work here by providing the information they need to make magic for our guests each day. We’re looking for graphic designers for our intern program who are passionate about Disney and communicating through design. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
Day in a life…
- Graphic design interns typically are responsible for use in print, such as fliers, posters, brochures, banners, presentations, videos.
- Photography for use in print and electronic communications
- Updating information in recurring publications
- Improving and maintaining existing communication vehicles, such as the company intranet, dynamic signage system and bulletin boards
- Limited writing for electronic and print communication, such as e-newsletters and fliers
- Collaboration and participation in brainstorming and planning meetings with teammates and key business partners
- Specific college training in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
- Organizational skills to manage project deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Keynote, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, iMovie and After Effects
- Experience on Mac and Windows operating systems
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program or other Disney experience
- Photography experience
- Writing, editing and proofreading experience
- Video editing and/or web design experience
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Graphic Design or a closely related major
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. **
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2017 through January 2018.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.