Marketing and Communications Internship in London, U.K
Industry - Professional Services / Digital Agency
Marketing & Communications Internship
Accenture Marketing & Communications Internship Programme
6 Months Opportunity from September 2017
Salary: £22,000 pro rata + benefits
Marketing & Communications
Our Marketing & Communications team builds Accenture’s brand, protects its reputation, generates awareness of the company’s capabilities and services, and plays an integral role in supporting sales growth. Our teams are involved in a range of activities from advertising, media relations, PR, sponsorships, social media, internal communications to brand management and thought leadership initiatives.
The Intern role
The Marketing & Communications intern will join Accenture's UK Marketing function for six months. To find out more about each of the teams within the UK Marketing function, please visit www.accenture.com/marketinginternships
Industry-specific marketing roles may also be available for the right candidates.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Writing and proof reading of communications
- Learning about Accenture's brand and becoming a "brand guardian"
- Social Media monitoring, updating and research
- Co-ordination of metrics, assistance with the development of reporting
- Online and competitor research, including reputation audit
- Updating Accenture's websites using content management systems
- "On the ground" support at events
- Personally running small creative projects (with support from the team), such as the creation of marketing collaterals (videos, brochures, ads, etc.). This will involve working with design and print partners to create and execute creative ideas
- Taking part in team brainstorming, coming up with creative ideas and feeding back on creative collateral from agencies
- Assistance with team admin including booking meeting rooms, arranging meetings or calls and taking meeting notes
The Marketing and Communications intern will be a team player who can get involved in a wide range of activities and is not afraid to "have a go". Additionally, they will possess the following skills:
- Excellent written English language skills, with good grammar and an understanding of basic copy skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Genuine interest in a career in Marketing & Communications
- Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions
- Highly organised and able to manage projects, balance a number of conflicting priorities and react to changing demands - often under tight timescales (this may include occasional late working over peak phases)
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional in appearance, outlook and manner
- Proactive, keen to learn
Qualifications and requirements for the role
- 260 UCAS points or equivalent (Please ensure that you include details of your UCAS Points/A Levels/equivalent in your CV)
- 2:1 or Master’s degree (predicted or obtained or international equivalent)
- Demonstrable office work experience and/or strong interest in Marketing and Communications
Please include a covering letter along with your CV as part of your application. This is a mandatory part of your application in order to be considered for the role. The covering letter must be no longer than a page and clearly state why you are interested in a career in Marketing and Communications, within Accenture.
Closing date for applications: 1st May 2017. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.