Paid Specification Writer Internship in Minnesota
Industry - Technology
Specification Writer Apprentice
The Specification Writer Apprentice Program (SWAP) is a 9-month training and development program to gain knowledge of Allegion products, and North American hardware application (ANSI) that will enable you to provide solutions by writing door hardware specifications. The program will be held in US, in Minnesota.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow and complete the SWAP training program to increase knowledge about Allegion customers and their application of products, processes and North American and IBC building codes. At a later stage in the program, European specification and applications will be also included in the curriculum as well.
- Attend all required factory training and additional outside product training to obtain a further understanding of the products.
- Learn organizational structure and build relationships with co-workers throughout the organization.
- Obtain an understanding of the specifying community and build relationships with decision makers
- Learn how to utilize Allegion tools/resources (i.e. Spextra, Spec Exchange & CRM) to gather and maintain information on projects.
- Maintain awareness of all Allegion policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, or Technical field
- Strong mechanical and electronics aptitude
- Having 2-4 years’ experience in architectural hardware business is an asset
- Detail oriented with a high level of organization and time management skills
- Proficient w/ MS Office tools, Auto CAD & Acrobat knowledge is advantageous
- Ability to learn industry specific software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, influencing skills essential along with a bias for action
- Having no restrictions in travelling to US and staying there during the program.
Candidates who completes the program successfully will be based in Allegion office in Bangalore, India and will be responsible for supporting demand creation activities to provide professional specification writing service to architects and consultants as a "pull through" sales to support specification driving the conversion to sales.
Upon completion of the SWAP program, responsibilities will be including but not limited to:
- Create specifications (pulling through products/services from Allegion portfolio) for architects and consultants and following projects through until the tendering stage.
- Communicate the specifications being written on a monthly basis to appropriate managers
- Assist in the Architectural education process by conveying new products/services to the architect
- Review shop drawings of distributor submittals, rule on equivalent product comparisons (spec’ing non- Allegion product where necessary only)
- Create bespoke project specification guide books of organizational products for local selling organizations and local distribution
- Develop a process for tracking projects after the spec has been created to support conversion into sales
- Execute all of the above utilizing Allegion process, tools and standard work
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic