Software Development Engineering Internship in Madrid
Industry - Technology
We are hiring innovative minded Software Development Engineer interns into our software development teams based in Madrid downtown.
Our interns write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers. You’ll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon's technologies and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, and security-- just to name a few.
Many of our technologies overlap—you’d be hard pressed to find a team that isn’t using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for the customer. In the Madrid office, the software we write and the systems we own enable millions of customers worldwide to order anything from a pin to a piano with the click of a mouse! Every aspect of our business interacts with our systems. We work on the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture.
Successful candidates should be available to start internship in June 2017.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting December 2017 and onward
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java)
- Experience in UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving abilities